Thursday, 14 October 2010


Melinda McLeod: I am a graduate student of the University of Johannesburg (UJ), where I received my Bachelors in Zoology and Human Physiology. I am currently involved in the educating of the first year nursing students at UJ in Human Physiology for the second consecutive year. I have always had Sharks as my passion and find it a great blessing and privilege to be able to work so closely with them as well as such a world-class scientific team. My goal is to be able to work intensely on researching the Great White Shark (Carcharodon carcharius) in and around South African waters. I am specifically interested in the Genetics and life history of these magnificent animals. I am excited about my internship with SASC as it forms a great platform for the conservation and research of Elasmobranches in the Cape area. I hope I can become a positive contribution to the Conservancy.

M. McLeod

No comments:

Post a Comment