Friday, 04 February 2011


Hello everyone, I'm Maxime,

I hold a masters degree in aquatic resources of the University of Montpellier 2 in France. I heard about the SASC by Katie Gledhill who diffused, by “coral-list”, opportunities of internships in shark conservancy. I have already had the chance to give a hand occasionally to a PhD student who works on black-tip sharks (Carcharhinus melanopterus) and lemon sharks (Negaprion acutidens) in French Polynesia during I was working on another project to finalize my master degree.

And I loved that, so when I saw that I could learn more about shark research, participate in tracking and tagging Zambezi sharks (Carcharhinus leucas), try to know more about those fantastic animals, talk about them to children, all that things with the aim of protect them more efficiently, I applied!!! And thanks to Meaghen and Tamzyn, they accepted, and now I’m here for three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment